Monday 18 May 2020

Napoleonic French Command


I almost always paint my own figures, but as I also do this for a living, I don't often make the progress I would like on my own stuff (no, really?). I therefore dip into the transfer market from time to time, if I can find something that moves my collections on a little. Such was the case with these little beauties. All they needed was a little TLC, varnishing and re-basing. Result: one less job for me to do.













All by the talented Mark Allen. Next up probably Russians, although a few French reinforcements are also on the way.

9 comments:

  1. Steve, very nice. My favourite painting is French officers - no limits! I am in the middle of doing Polish at present. Hope you are safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First class command stands Steve, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, look great, nothing like French generals for uniform variety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. Good luck with the Poles Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's quite a haul of French High Command!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant looking command :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. Can only take credit for the basing I am afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite nice. Posh but not to clean...the men have been on campaign, but still look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have seen a bit of service Allan yes.

      Delete