Sunday 1 October 2017

Light Flak


One of the many bargains that EBAY has thrown up, was a number of die cast vehicles, picked up a while back. At around £4.00 each, they were too good to resist. A couple of the sets included a lovely 20mm flak gun, unusually, on its wheeled trailer along with a prime mover (truck or field car). I bought half a dozen! Ever since seeing the closing battle scene in Saving Private Ryan, where the German force included a light flak gun on its trailer being pushed around by its crew, I fancied having such a model. This first one represents a Waffen SS piece, others will no doubt be Luftwaffe or Heer.





Most of the crew are AB, although the guy in the black panzer jacket and the vehicle crew are PSC. This must be my 4th or 5th attempt at SS camo, and I feel I am starting to get somewhere with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment