Wednesday 15 August 2018

Militia Skirmishers


These chaps represent a "company" of militia skirmishers that will do for either side (always handy). The figures are Fife and Drum from Crann Tara Miniatures and very nice they are too. They are noticeably slimmer than Perry/Foundry figures and probably wouldn't mix that well in the same units, but they offer a nice range of poses and paint up well. In Sharp Practice, these are the lowest type of skirmishers, only receiving the very handy skirmish bonus if firing from effective or long range and from cover - they feel uneasy being too close to the enemy apparently! Other irregular skirmishers also need to fire from effective/long range but need not be skulking in cover, whilst regular skirmishers get the bonus under any circumstances, being well trained and led. A nice, but simple mechanism, as one would expect from TFL. Really looking forward to trying these rules out, but still a fair bit of painting and terrain to do first. Hopefully by Christmas. 
 




More to come over the next few weeks. Keep checking back. All comments/suggestions welcome.

5 comments:

  1. Figures look good. And good luck with your AWI project. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came here from TMP link. Your minis/terrain looks great! I've been using Sharp Practice for AWI for about a year and really like the rules. Charlie Foxtrot makes some great mdf models for AWI/ACW - they're my favorite. Here is a link to my blog if you'd like to see some of my stuff. https://minysoldiers.blogspot.com look forward to seeing your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your figures and terrain look really good. I came here by way of the link on TMP and I'm enjoying reading about your progress. Like I said on TMP I've been using Sharp Practice for the AWI for about a year and think it's a great set of rules for the period. Here is a link to my blog if you'd like to see my stuff -https://minysoldiers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking unit. You’re doing well with the AWI project. 😀

    ReplyDelete