Sunday 2 July 2017

More Grand Alliance French Infantry


This is the 16th, and for the time being, final regiment of infantry for my Grand Alliance French army. I may add a couple more at some point in the future, but I think 480 figures will do to be going on with. With three more allied units still to complete, which will also bring them to 16 battalions, I have enough to play with. Truth be told I am a touch light on cavalry with only eight regiments per side (!!) and hope to add a brigade of Danish horse and another of French Dragoons when painting time allows. I bought a few of the excellent Warfare Miniatures waggons from Barry at Partizan a few weeks ago. When I get these finished, I aim to do a game based on Barry's own scenario, featured in the 1st Edition of Beneath the Lily Banners. The game is a rearguard action following the allied defeat at Neerwinden and has a force of allied cavalry and infantry attempting to hold back the pursuing French until the allied baggage train gets over the river. Hopefully more anon.

                                                               Poitou




The Regiment of Poitou took part in the battles of Fleurus (1690), Steinkirk (1692) and Neerwinden (1693) during the War of the Grand Alliance. It was also present at Blenheim and Ourdenaarde during the War of Spanish Succession.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work, and a favourite period of mine. Did I read in your earlier posts, that you use Field of Battle rules for Grand Alliance? A great set of rules.

    ReplyDelete