Friday 26 January 2024

My First Completed Confederate Brigade

 

Following on from my 12 June post and my seduction into yet another project, I thought I would show you where I have got to so far. The first brigade has four regiments each of five bases with (usually) five figures on each base, so around 100 figures in total. This is comprised of a couple of boxes of Perry plastics and two metal command packs, which coincidentally comes to 100 figures! Each command pack has two standard bearers, officers and drummers, providing one of each for two of the four regiments. No wastage.

As a previous plastic-sceptic, I must admit that I am very impressed with these figures. They assemble easily, are in a nice mix of right shoulder shift poses and are more robust than I would have thought. Price wise they are, as you might expect, very competitive.






As I have lots of other projects on the go for 2024, I have decided to use the softly softly approach with this one going forward. I have assembled and undercoated another couple of hundred figures or so and about half of these are already block painted - something I was still able to do during the early days of convalescence. I have divided them into batches of 10 with the same basic colour scheme and started working through them alongside other painting jobs. The uniforms are fairly undemanding and I am finding that for little extra effort I can get through them fairly quickly - so far three batches done in a few weeks. Another seven batches to go and that will be the second brigade done - stay tuned to see if I can keep it up!!


2 comments:

  1. Brilliant... I'm trying to resist this period as I have too many project going on at the moment. You're not helping... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear - sorry. I am still blaming messrs Andrews and Imrie for my "predicament"!! Just give in - it's easier!!

    ReplyDelete