Tuesday 15 August 2023

An Unwanted Distraction

 

Hi All.

Just a quick post to apologise for the delay in the getting the Mitrailleuse book out of the starting gate. It is essentially finished, apart from some final proof reading and would have been out by now. Unfortunately I went for a walk in my local park on 15 July and got run down by a group of idiots on scramble bikes, who didn't see me until it was too late. Result was a broken elbow, pelvis (ouch!!) and 6 ribs. Only just back home following a couple of weeks in hospital and another couple in rehab. A poor excuse I know, but there we are. Am starting to recover and should be able to get it finished and off to the printers shortly. 

Anyway, that's it really, thought I had better explain the delay. Although it will be a while, I think, before I am fully fighting fit again, I realised just how bloody wonderful wargaming is. It has kept me completely positive throughout this whole saga and I can't wait to get back to it again! 


10 comments:

  1. Ouch. Here's to a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a very nasty accident. Glad to hear you have been making a steady recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sorry to hear this Steve and hope you recover quickly. Had a smile experience recently as well but thankfully got away with cuts and bruises. Listened to you on Yarkshire gamer recently which really enjoyed and will be giving batch painting a go! Cheers. Phil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers. Glad you enjoyed the episode. Batch painting is the way to go to get quantity on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well soon, see you shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers Roj - can't wait to start playing again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bet that's buggered up your painting schedule. Hope that your recuperation goes well. A good chance to catch up on your reading. I've managed to finish the Calpe French that I had from you. The Saxons are next.
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tony - it has somewhat - prep and block painting is all I can manage at the moment!! Glad you are able to crack on though!!

      Delete