Tuesday 28 April 2020

Napoleonic French Infantry


I am a fair bit further back with my infantry arm, only 3 standard (36 figure) light infantry battalions and 3 small (24 figure) line battalions. The lights first featured on this blog almost 10 years ago (!!) in their first iteration as 24 man units. All I have managed to do is bring them up to strength. Not great progress in a decade. Ah well. Better late than never.







The 3 line battalions I decided to leave as 24s in order to get some units on the table - with my rate of progress, probably a good idea. I do at least have another couple of battalions of 36 painted, awaiting basing. Just about enough for a game. Figures are mainly Perry metal, with a few plastics thrown in.






At the moment I have no artillery or skirmishers done, so that is the next priority. I do however have some very nice Mark Allen command bases, which will feature in the next post.

8 comments:

  1. Stunning job Steve, and impressive pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys. Very kind. Wish I could take better photos though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look very good, but need more company!

    You need to put the nose to the grindstone if you're going to make much progress. :-)
    I usually (including right now) paint 72 French at a time, although I use smaller, 18 figure units.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant look forward to seeing these on table soemtime in the future! In the meantime WOW 2 posts in less than two weeks. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - point taken. I must do better. Hope you are willing to try General d'Armee again after cheating you of victory last time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as I can blame someone else for not winning all is good Steve soo yeah of course I will try it again.

    ReplyDelete