Sunday 23 February 2020

A Normandy Village (Part 2)


Here are a couple of slightly larger modules - a house and small barn and a large farmhouse. I tend to have a fair amount of greenery climbing up the walls as it adds a nice bit of colour. I also find that the marshy brown coloured tufts adds a bit of contrast to the bases rather than the usual green.







I am on the way with a church and small war memorial to complete the village, but will try and add a few odds and ends (particularly trees) to make it looked more "lived in". All comments/suggestions welcome as usual.

6 comments:

  1. looks great, maybe a small tree in the corner of the wall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. Trees really make villages come to life. I am making a load on small bases to drop in. That way, I can vary the appearance with a limited number of modules.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Phil. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking ace! The shrubbery really adds to the well lived in feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need greenery for sure. I also like to dot small trees around a completed village for the same reason.

      Delete