Saturday 10 August 2019

New 20mm WW2 Village Module


Most of my WW2 buildings have comprised a single building with a variety of add-on gardens. This time I have gone for something a little larger with an integral base. The main advantage with this system is that everything looks a bit more "together" and due to the larger base, you can do a bit more with it. The basic house is another of my plastic railway model purchases from EBAY, cleaned up, re-painted and detailed. The fencing is from the same model railway source, as is the shed.



To add a bit of extra interest, I have made a number of small orchard-type trees, that can be dropped in when needed to vary things.



I have a few more of these on the go at the moment and will post some details when I have them finished. When I can find the time, I am hoping to do a board or two to represent a more urban area and will add a load of larger 3 storey buildings that I have been sitting on for quite a while to represent a town, rather than village setting.

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty. This looks like a Danish Summer House near the sea; peaceful & picturesque. I'd be keen to see the more urban ones you plan when they're done.
    Best wishes,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! I like the irregular shaped base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. This and some other modules are to partner a couple of special terrain boards I have made for WWII. I really need to get out more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a nice little house, lovely base :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look very good. One question though, can figures be put inside?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately no. The buildings are robust enough with reasonable handling, but if the roofs were repeatedly taken off and replaced during a game, they would get damaged over time I think. Small price to pay for me though, as it is the module, rather than the actual building that is occupied. Glad you like them though!!

      Delete
  6. Cracking job, lovely house and exteriors...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely piece, I have three of them in my collection, I added plastic card stiffener to the roof and walls so I could remove the roof for placing figures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. I bought them with roofs stuck down and didn't fancy trying to pry them off! Occupants have to wait in the garden!!

      Delete