Wednesday 3 October 2018

A Couple of Random Vignettes


When I am painting a unit, either for myself (as in this case), or for a customer, I often try to do two or three extra figures. It isn't much more effort, and it allows me to do a few non combat pieces to "dress the table" or raise some extra cash to buy myself a bit more lead to add to the pile. With these vignettes, it is quite nice to do something a little extra with the basing - add a little knoll or tree or wall for example. The first is simply a couple of Napoleonic Russian officers taking advantage of the available shade, whilst talking tactics. The second was just a couple of command figures that I had left over from my Hessian jager company, a recent addition to my slowly growing AWI collection.

As I have mentioned before, I think these little pieces can really add to a table and help set the scene. Anyway, I thought I would just do a quick post to show them off.







 
Have also been quite busy recently on my WWII Germans, finally making some progress on all those vehicle crews I have been putting off for so long. Will post some of the results when ready. The Fuhrer Begleit project is still chugging along - have just ordered a load of passenger figures for the 2/Pz Gren Regt - mounted mainly in Schwimmwagens!


1 comment:

  1. Evocative and splendid vignettes, love the work on the bases...

    ReplyDelete