Friday 26 January 2018

Let us Pray


It is a while since I did any work on my German buildings and this church is a welcome addition. Another EBAY purchase, it has been sitting around half finished for months and I though I had better get on and complete it. It made its debut in a WWII game last night, with old wargaming mates Richard Croisdale and Andy Lawson, who are gamely helping me to playtest my WWII rules. Also making a first appearance was the newly painted panzer regiment FBB. Fittingly the 2nd Abteilung, commanded by yours truly, got absolutely battered by Andy's deftly handled Soviet armour. Tragically I forgot to take any photos for this game!! Richard did his best with the 1st Abteilung, inflicting some loss on the enemy armour facing him, but he couldn't make up for my dismal showing on the left flank.

We have tested out the rules for armoured vehicles and they seem to work pretty well, as does the overall concept. We all felt that it was now time to concentrate on other aspects of the rules, especially infantry fighting and indirect fire. Next time I will revert to umpiring and leave the fighting to others.







 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. Hi James. Yes, it is HO scale - from Kibri I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if that was a new addition to the table. Very nice. Thanks for the play test again. FB brigade definitely had first night fright, but it is a great little force and was very evenly matched against the Russian force you game me. Your 12 tanks to my 13 with the edge in class and experience to yours. Really like the variety of command, class and experience to vary how successful things are done. Cheers again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Andy. Pleased with the way it is going so far. Lot of play testing left I think. Hope you are all up for it!!

      Delete
  3. Must be a pleasure to pray in such a beautiful building...Superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it must!! The visual aspects of wargaming are a BIG deal for me. Worth all the effort that goes into the terrain. Glad you like it.

      Delete